Monday, March 2, 2009

Mardi Gras: check!

Hey all. Back from yet another hiatus--and what a hiatus it was! Sierra flew in last Friday and we really didn't stop until Tuesday night (ok, Wednesday morning). I'm a little daunted starting this post because a) it was a very long week; b) I can't quite remember every detail (stop snickering); and c) I have the flu! Yes, I had far too much Mardi Gras, and in return I got the flu. Serves me right.


Anyway, I won't go into too much detail about the what have you. Too be honest, I'm a little Mardi Gras-ed out. We had a fabulous time and ate our way through tens of thousands of delicious New Orleans calories, not to mention far too much alcohol, but it's so tiring! Maybe I'm on old lady, but after six solid days of float-watching, walking across half the city, eating and drinking constantly, and battling the crowds for beads, I felt like staying in bed for a week and a half. But the floats were gorgeous and we had a great time hanging out with friends and generally taking it all in.


Sierra left on Wednesday and I had a day and a half to take long bubble baths before Andrew arrived. Luckily his visit was much more relaxing! One of the highlights was dinner at Gautreau's--fantastic! The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great too. Fancy but still small and friendly. We also had brunch at The Court of Two Sisters, one of the most famous breakfast places in the city. Really tasty food and tons of variety, plus a beautiful courtyard (when it's not raining). As long as it served mimosas I was sold, and it definitely exceeded my expectations.

And now I'm back to the real world, with the flu and six exams to look forward to in March. Needless to say, I'd better get back to studying. More Mardi Gras pictures here if you're interested.

No comments: