Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day! Yes, it's a totally hippied-out, made-up holiday, but it's a good one! In honor of the day and our lovely planet, take a few minutes to cogitate on your favorite place on Earth. Anybody want to share? Here are a few of mine:

The pond back home in the summer--including dogs and friends.

Hot tub with a beautiful view of the canyon.

The log house up at the ranch. (photo credit to David!)

On the road going anywhere, especially with Laurel in the other seat.

Shelter Cove, and anywhere on the Pacific Coast really (up North, anyway). (photo credit to David)

In the air.

Eating breakfast with my family on the porch.

And last but not least, my new backyard. With Andrew sitting next to me, drinking drinks and smoking a cigar, in the evening with the fairy lights lit overhead (and plenty of bug spray).

Where's your favorite place to be?

4 comments:

Tara said...

Hehe-- at least four of your favorite places are mine too!! I was just thinking of your house in the summer with the pond and BBQ (and of course you) -- I can't wait:)

Kathleen said...

My favorite places are probably:
1) Star Lake, Wisconsin2) Yellowstone
3)FjÀderholmarna

David said...

You know you've made it when your photos show up on Kelsey's blog!

There are a ton of cool islands with rocky, cliffy beaches near Hong Kong. But I was really wishing I was on the beaches of Central Vietnam when they held a Lindy exchange out there a few weeks back!

Speaking of which, did you make it out to the Fleur de Lindy?

Unknown said...

Hey! That's my tooshie!