Thursday, January 22, 2009

First dance

Ok, so mac and cheese didn't quite happen tonight. I decided to just vegetate instead and not drag my ass to the store. But I did make amazing tacos that were almost as satisfying, and a lot less effort.

I can't believe the whole point of this post is to tell you what I had for dinner. Pathetic! But you know, I was just feeling dishonest, and I thought I should set the record straight.

In order to make this post not completely worthless (wouldn't want to drive away the three people that read it), I'll steal shamelessly from the lovely Joanna and give you all some food for thought:



Sigh...watching this restores my faith in love and humanity. Aren't they beautiful?

1 comment:

tobster said...

OYI! Nothing is wrong with describing your gastronomic habits. Indeed me lady, you live in New Orleans!!! even an occasional dabble into the nuances of some shanti shack fish broil. Maybe some local jiffy marts version of Gumbo. Even the details of your homemade taco's can transport this humble reader.
Leo has been up all night. We were out of coffee filters so I had to attempt turkish coffee that I strained through a tea bag. Yes mundane, but your readers are out here, living vicariously through your experience in the big easy...